The Mercado Family



Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Yoda's Tale

For about 4 months, our cat, Yoda, was throwing up at least once a week. Let me tell you, that was not fun! It started in November when I accidentally bought the wrong food. It was kind of accidental, but kind of not. I wanted to buy a bigger bag of his food, but they didn't have it at our Petco. In fact, that time they didn't even have it in the smaller bag. So I but a different kind. And so starts the four month of cat vomit adventures!

Around that same time in November his water was moved next to his food. I didn't think it was a big deal, until I realized being in a different place was not helping with his water intake to flush out his tummy problems. Only recently did I move it back to where it used to be.

We quickly but his old food after he threw up for about a week consistently, but I think that triggered an upset tummy. Jason had bought me a poinsettia plant for Christmas. Recently, I discovered that Yoda was eating the plant. Did you know that poinsettia plants are poisonous? I did, though I didn't know he was eating it until I saw one of the leaves in his vomit two weeks ago. I also discovered, that he was eating fake evergreen from a Christmas decoration on the floor of our storage room.

Now that he is on even better food, thanks to Kay and Auburn, is drinking water again, not eating fake evergreen, and not eating poinsettia plant, he hasn't thrown up in over a week! He is acting more like his obnoxious self instead of hiding out all day and throwing up in mysterious places.

One last addition to you Yoda's recent hard life. In January, I was playing Life with Victoria. Yoda was sitting in the box, kind of unusual for him at that time since he was not very social then. When I went to grab a piece of money from the box, he clamped down on my hand with the hardest, longest bite ever! I screamed long, loud, and hard. It hurt! He has nibbled on me before and bitten me here and there, but never like this one. I now have a lovely scar to carry the memory of my cat forever!


The next day.
I am glad he is not throwing up anymore, knock on wood, and that we can enjoy him more again. We love our Yoda!

(I wanted to post a picture of him, but I don't have one on my phone right now. Of course I can't find him at the moment and I can't use our computer because it is broken! ) 

2 comments:

  1. ugh,, that photo is nasty! so glad Yoga is better! We love our cat, Pets bring great joy and teach us so much too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! That bite is no joke! :-(

    ReplyDelete