The Mercado Family



Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pre-Birthday Thoughts

Tomorrow is my birthday. Here are some thoughts I've had this week:

-I don't feel as old as I thought I would this year. I have many friends, including my sister, who turn 40 this year. I'm still three years from that!
-I've been going from feeling exuberant to exasperated this week. Exuberant because of the fantastic weather we've been having (highs in the 40's mostly, but today and tomorrow, 52 degrees!!!) Exasperated because Erik has been giving me triple doses of his pill and I've had more lunches returned home untouched, than I like. It's not just Karissa this week, either! On a side note, she had her 8-yr-old check-up today. She grew 3 inches and gained almost 5 lbs. in a year! She's still in the 6th percentile for weight and 9th for height, but at least she's consistent.
-My last recurring thought: why is the time change the week of my birthday now? I think that is part of the core to my problems this week.

This is what it looks like outside right now. We had so much snow, that even after 5 days well above freezing, most of those were sunny, the kids still have to wear snow suits at recess. It was 52 today and they came home dressed in gloves, hats, and snowsuits!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday (almost)!!! Why, oh why do we still have daylight savings?!? It's brutal!

    I hope your kids will be sweet to each other and that someone besides you will clean your house - at least, those are the two things that I always wish for most on my birthday. ;-) Hope it's a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your children will be your blessing as you reflect back, as I have done, Because food is such a big issue, I say follow the frozen song and LET it go.. ;look at how cute you are!

    ReplyDelete