The Mercado Family



Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry and Bright

Our days have been "merry and bright", though we definitely didn't have a white Christmas. For starters, see this couch? This was my Grandma Carrie's.

 We have had it for the 15 1/2 years we've been married. We moved it to the basement Christmas Eve because the Black Friday purchase I made arrived just in time!
Some love taps from our cat helped pull the fabric out.
 Here's our new couches! One in the living room

 and one in the family room. I've never had two couches in my living spaces before. It's kind of exciting!
 Other exciting happenings before Christmas:

-singing Christmas carols with Grandma and Grandpa
 -Victoria's Pioneer breakfast at school where Grandma told some of her ancestor's stories.
 -getting cozy
 -sugar cookies
 -Austin's first pj party at school
 -decorating "gingerbread" houses with our good friends the Looslis

Erik and Victor

Karissa and Daria

Austin and Dallin
 -more cookies (gingerbread this time)
 - Mason jar snowmen at the library
 - lunch at IKEA (it's free for kids on Tuesdays!)
 - and the Nativity.
 Christmas morning Erik was more excited about his orange in his stocking than I thought he would be. Too bad he didn't eat it!
 Karissa got a Barbie dream house. Lucky girl!
 Victoria's new boots and pants.
 Go Blue!
 I saved this baby a few months in my neighbor's garage. A friend gave it to me since they didn't use it anymore. Let me tell you, we're getting plenty of use out of it here!!
 Lots of hair doing around here too.
Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all were very good this year! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete