The Mercado Family



Tuesday, December 16, 2014

In the Spotlight

Karissa got to participate in the second grade play at school. It was called This Old Gingerbread House. She even tried out for Gretel, but didn't get the part this time. She's been really doing well with reading and voice fluctuation, so I think one day she might do well having a big part on stage. I wish I could have enjoyed it as much as I was looking forward to it. We were only about 5 rows back, but since she was on the first row, I could barely see her. It didn't help that Erik was standing on my lap, his back pressed against my face, so he could see her too. Jason got this shot with is camera. This is the chocolate bar she made, which is the candy she ate from the gingerbread house.

 When I finally got up to stand on the side, hoping Erik would stay with Jason, he followed me. He then proceeded to go back and forth between Karissa and me. After the second time, while I was trying to decide what to do without causing a big scene, the music teacher, who directed the play, picked Erik up, which started some real reactions from him, and asked whose he was. I was very embarrassed as I went to collect my son. I left the room with him and missed her part. I found out later that they accidentally skipped that part.

At our ward Christmas party on Saturday, Karissa was the narrator for the little presentation the Primary kids performed. Victoria played a bell in one of the songs. They didn't even tell me they had these parts until an hour beforehand! That was a great performance! ( I forgot to take still pictures though.)

Last night Karissa's dance class performed their Christmas dance to Jingle Bell Rock. I've given up trying to get videos from YouTube to my blog. They been causing me real problems the last few times I've tried. Here's a picture with her teacher, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment