The Mercado Family



Monday, December 8, 2014

Classic

I was sitting in testimony meeting yesterday and something somebody said reminded me that I forgot to include in my blog last week the most important part of Thanksgiving. I had decided that it was appropriate to share in testimony meeting and finally worked up the nerve to share it.

I bore my testimony of how important I think it is to teach children at a young age and that even kids like Erik, who are contrary in every way, pick up the most important things. I told them how at our Thanksgiving dinner we all went around sharing what we were thankful for. Most of us said things like "family, home..." Austin said holidays. Then Erik, out of the blue when we didn't even ask him, said he was thankful for Jesus Christ. It was the best moment for a mom! I can't believe I even forgot to blog about it!

As I was sharing my story with everyone, Erik comes up to the pulpit and stands right next to the podium making faces at everyone. When I finished, he didn't want me to leave. Then he wanted to go down the stairs the side opposite I was going to go down. Then he wanted to say something in the microphone which was "blahhhh!" with his tongue hanging out! After that, I went to go back down the stairs and he wanted me to go across to the other set again. I told him no, went and sat down, and he came down the other set on his own another 30 seconds later. Way to demonstrate my point, Erik! Seriously though, his comment at Thanksgiving was priceless!

1 comment:

  1. It's so fulfilling and encouraging when the kids do/say sweet things. They're little pep talks from Heaven.

    ReplyDelete