The Mercado Family



Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Keeping Active

Well, it's March. We still have the same snow (and tons more) on the ground that we had in December. Yesterday, on 3/3 it was 3 degrees when I took the girls to school. What is that?! I'm not expecting 50 degree weather here, just in the high 20's, at least!!

As you know, Jason has been playing indoor soccer on Friday nights (that's how he got to wear that lovely brace and sling, which he's out of now and only wearing a temporary wrist brace). He's playing with the "over 30" men from our ward and another ward against other "older" men in the area at High Velocity Sports. He really likes soccer, so it's fun for him to be able to play. He played goalie until he hurt his shoulder. Then he was playing on the field when he hurt his wrist. Those old men are rough! I got to watch him play when my mom was here.

Not a very good pic with the fence in the way, but he looks ready!

As you can see, his arm was still in the brace at this game.
Something that I've been doing, besides my indoor work-out, is playing basketball at the church with some other ladies in the Stake. Yes, you read it right, I'm playing basketball! You can laugh out loud if you want, I do! I wanted to play last year because I actually like the sport, but I chickened out. This year, a friend a mine who's not a member of our church wanted to play and wanted me to also, so I agreed. This is the first time ever that I've played an organized game of basketball. Some of the players played college ball and are awesome, some are just pretty good, then there's me and a couple of others who probably look pretty ridiculous. But, hey, last game I made 5 baskets!! I'm getting better each week! (They're all helping me and being extra nice when I have the ball, too!)


Karissa decided to try the hip hop class at the gymnastics studio for the last session. They got to perform their dance for the parents in class last week. Here it is:

(Okay, never mind. I'm having problems with getting it from YouTube to here, but I was able to put it in a separate blog. Look at the next one!)




No comments:

Post a Comment