The Mercado Family



Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Young Minds

I don't know what happened, but somehow my pictures are loading again!! So, here's my blog from last week....

Victoria participated in the school's science fair this year. Over a month ago we were given the information to get started and she was excited to conduct a real experiment (or experience, as she calls it). She wanted to know which is better for plants, water or milk.



As you can see from the pictures, milk does not do a plant good! She did great on her project and her presentation as people came by her trifold. She says she loves science!

Meanwhile, she and Karissa have been busy with other little creations. Victoria is working on a quiet book that requires some sewing, which she's doing well at. Karissa loves getting out paper, glue, markers, and odd items and creating things like a "feeling chart" where you feel different textures, dog collars for her stuffed animals, a stuffed pig, and musical instruments. Everyone ended up making the instruments with her when Grandma was here.
Busy at work .

I couldn't get this to turn, but at least I have pictures! Here's her "feeling" chart.

Stuffed Pig Karissa made me for my birthday.

Here's one I added from last weekend. We got to go to Jason's game on Friday since it started earlier, Karissa decided to make a poster for him. Austin did too, but didn't outline it, so you can't see it very well, but he did bubble letters all by himself! They were some good cheerleaders!

I love watching them get so excited over such simple, fun pleasures! I hope they enjoy doing these things for a long time!


1 comment: