The Mercado Family



Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Change of Plans

Yesterday I wrote a blog about the science fair and a couple of other things. I wanted to post four pictures with it, but for some reason they wouldn't load. We changed Internet services from AT&T to WOW on Monday and are changing over from our ancient huge computer to our laptop with a docking station. Our Internet had been having problems and was sometimes so slow, or not moving at all, that we decided to make these changes. Well, so far I'm not impressed. The Internet is not any faster and I can't get my pics on my blog!!  I don't do much on the computer and don't even need the Internet 24/7, myself, but I do want a working blog! I'll have to post the blog from yesterday another day.

So, today, my birthday, I wake up to school being cancelled due to a huge snowstorm! We've gotten three inches already and are supposed to get another 4 or 5 in the next couple hours! Okay, so what, right? Well, we still had about 2 feet left over from Christmas! It had finally started melting over the last few days with temps in the high 30s and 40s. Yesterday, it got up to 53 degrees. The kids and I were outside without coats and with snow boots so we could walk around in the snow. It was the weirdest feeling ever being in such "warm" weather in that much snow! I took pictures, but I guess you can't see them right now

Today I was supposed to go to lunch with Jason by his work. My good friend offered to watch my boys for that. I could have still gone, but the roads are so bad I don't need to leave all my kids behind and travel through all this. Another friend is watching my boys Friday, so I'll do lunch with Jason then. I have such good friends! It's a good thing I like the snow, otherwise this could be a very bad day! The only other thing that makes this much snow okay is the fact that we had those 9 sunny days in So. Cal. over Christmas. A little summer in December helped.

We're going to party-hardy today!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!! Maybe Jason can bring home some take-out so you can have a break from the dinner routine. However it turns out, have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete