The Mercado Family



Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mid-Winter Visit

One of the good things about mid-winter break this year was that we got to actually enjoy winter-type activities because we had a ton of snow on the ground. Most other years it seems the snow melted just for mid-winter break, then would return after school resumed. So, we got to enjoy a few good days of sledding and building a snowman (the first time we ever could build a "real" one because of the quality of the snow).







In the middle of the week my mom came for a special visit and brought a little warmer weather with her. The day she came felt like spring. Temps were in the high 30s that day and the sun was shining! The rest of her stay here got gradually colder. Now it's in the single digits, again. The thick layer of ice on our circle didn't even melt yet!

We had a great time with Grandma. She gave gifts, love, fun, and service. I had a few appointments to go to, plus Jason and I went to his soccer game and the temple. Lots of time for Grandma to be with the kids uninterrupted!  We took the kids roller skating, danced a lot, made many crafts, played many games, went shopping, baked healthy goodies, watched movies, and went to the usual dance/gymnastics classes. It's always fun when Grandparents come!

Victoria has moved into the "guest room" and wanted to share it with Grandma. Slumber Party!

It was dark, so most pictures didn't turn out at the roller rink.

A mad game of Memory.

Sunday pics

I'm still 5'3" (went for my physical when my mom was here). So, I guess she's not 5'8" anymore, though I think I had my shoes on here.




I never got any pics with Grandma and Erik alone. While I was gone, they had some good bonding time, but when I returned he was with me or just being crazy, so Erik-like!

No comments:

Post a Comment