The Mercado Family



Sunday, April 26, 2009

Not Even Possible

So I've gained about 20 pounds so far and I'm 36 weeks along tomorrow, which is not too bad for my third. I've decided, though, that it is not even possible for my frame to carry much more weight than what I gain when I'm pregnant ( I gained 25 with Victoria and 23 with Karissa).

With all of my pregnancies I have gotten a pinched nerve in my lower back that has been the worst this time around since I'm busier and still carry Karissa around, but not as much as I carried Victoria around at this age. It only flares up when I'm not careful and do too much, which happened yesterday.

After a nice morning spent a Relief Society Stake Conference at the church I went home and proceeded to help Jason with our garden by shoveling dirt, turning the old plot a different angle, and pulling up weeds and old plants. When a thunderstorm came through in the afternoon, I went in and painted more of the baby's room. Of course the weather was nice again when I was done painting, so I went out and shoveled some more.

Last night, I could hardly walk, my back hurt so much! I hobbled around feeling like someone who is hugely obese, rather than a pregnant woman who's only gained 20 pounds. And this morning, I woke up with a Charlie horse in my left calf, which has given me another reason to hobble around today.

It's interesting to hear what people have to say, too. There's the ladies at the garage sale the other day who were dying of how cute I looked and couldn't believe how far long I was (that made me feel good!) The very same day, my neighbor's friend said, "Wow, you look like you're about to pop!"

Obviously I did way too much work yesterday, but I definitely toned it down a few notches than if I hadn't been pregnant. I just don't think it's possible for me to gain much more than I have, otherwise, I might collapse!

This is me today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the things we do to get our babies here. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a busy bee! I feel like incapacitated and disabled! And I can't believe you only gain 20 pounds! Miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your first pregnancy relaxing. It just can't happen after you have other kids to look after and more things to do!

    ReplyDelete