The Mercado Family



Saturday, April 4, 2009

32 Weeks

On Monday I'll be 33 weeks along. Right now the baby has use of all five of his senses and his fingernails, toenails, eyebrows, and eyelashes have grown in. Basically, all the little details are being completed.

He's already a character. He'll being kicking away and I'll say something to Jason, but as soon as Jason puts his hand on my belly, the kicking stops. Though he kicks like crazy every time Karissa sits on my lap. I have a feeling that instead of two kids fighting over my lap at church, there will be three!

Victoria asked me today how babies get into tummies. I told her when people get married they can have a baby in the mommy's tummy. She again asked how, so I told her that there are eggs in the mommy's body and when the seed comes to the egg, it makes a baby. I'm glad that satisfied her. She's been in the "why" stage for a while and now even Karissa is asking "why" about everything, which is even harder since she doesn't understand as much yet.

Karissa said something pretty cute yesterday. She said, "I'm sad." I asked her why and she said, "Because I'm happy!" Our kids are obsessed with being sad!

1 comment:

  1. My baby does the same thing! She'll be kicking away and as soon as Dave puts his hand on my stomach, she'll stop. He hasn't ever felt the kicking yet! It's like his hand soothes her so she stops. :)

    ReplyDelete