The Mercado Family



Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Federation

Victoria, Karissa, and Austin participated in Federation, recently, for piano. All were pushing really hard at the end to get their songs perfected, except for Austin. He was pretty chill about it the whole time. He was prepared, and he knew it! The girls needed lots of practice and we weren't quite sure if they were going to get the Superior they needed for Victoria to earn a trophy for her final year and Karissa to stay on her Superior streak.

At Federation, Austin was pretty much flawless on both his songs. Victoria was flawless on one and almost on the other. Karissa was pretty much flawless on one, in fact it was the best she ever played it, in my opinion. Her other song, however, she restarted 3 times, and then played it with only a few mistakes. I guess her judge pushed those 3 starts aside and focused on the third time because she got a Superior! Austin and Victoria did as well! Since Victoria was "robbed" a couple years ago from her Superior, which I felt like she had earned, I feel like this other judge made up for it by giving Karissa hers. So Victoria will finally get her trophy and Karissa is on her way to another. Austin should get his first one next year, assuming he does just as well, or better.

I couldn't record there, but I got their songs at home. They were memorized for Federation, but they used some of the music for these recordings. Victoria messed up a couple of times on To the Garden when I was recording and didn't want to record again. She's so done with piano! I'm glad she's stuck with it his long, though! She has great talent for the piano, but she has other priorities now.

Karissa played Raindrops on my Roof  and Mauzrka.


Austin played Witches Brew (played at Scouts) and Nimble Fingers.

Victoria played Bold Attitude and To the Garden. 

I don't know why theirs didn't post right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIjNaIQxdh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAaNUVqbNcQ

I'm so proud of my pianists!

No comments:

Post a Comment