The Mercado Family



Wednesday, March 23, 2016

We Built a Wall

Actually, Jason built a wall and you all knew that, but I painted the primer on it yesterday and as I was painting it, I realized that it was a brand new wall that no one has ever touched before- kind of cool! Jason and Jim did build another wall in the back of the basement workroom about 7 years ago, but it was smaller and not directly in view of anyone. I think Jim taught Jason a lot then, and since then, with other projects he has helped us with.

 There's still some work to do in the basement and it's a huge mess, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Weeks ago when I tried to post the pics of these windows that have been a pain! Above the small line of purple dry wall is the cement.

Jason covered it with cement board.
Now he is able to tape and mud the area by the four windows.


Austin has been interested in helping. This is the new wall. 

After I painted the primer yesterday. The sun is shining through the windows which is why it looks like there's streaks.


 Meanwhile, I bought these bar stools from Overstock, finally!  We could have bought them years ago, but I was always afraid of some little person falling off them. Really, they're not much taller than our chairs, but no back. They have helped me survive the extra clutter that is everywhere else while everything is out of commission in the basement. The kids enjoy eating there and/or doing homework and crafts there.

Austin helped me put them together.


2 comments:

  1. YOUR walls and stools look really cool, I didnt realize that the stools are not full circles so ,,,they tuck in better! that is really cool. And of course, the wall is amazing! what is not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stools! Great job on the wall.

    ReplyDelete