The Mercado Family



Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Birthday Fun

I have such a good family, extended and immediate! Good friends, too! They all made me feel so special last weekend on my birthday. We had a birthday extravaganza weekend. Friday, Jason brought me some Indian food for dinner because that has become my most favorite, but the kids aren't into it, yet. We got to go ice skating as a family for free for a family fit night that we have been participating in monthly that I'll catch you all up on later. As you know, I really enjoy ice skating and it was made even better by the fact that I actually got to skate most of the time standing up straight with no kids pulling on my hands! Victoria, Jason, and I shared the duty of helping Erik on the walker, but he finally got his feet under control enough that he skated the rest of the night on the walker by himself! Karissa improved a ton as well, and of course Austin is Mr. Ice Skate himself. They skated the entire time we were there, no breaks except for when the Zamboni came out. I had to convince them to leave when there was only 20 minutes left so I could make it to the Annual Mom Awards party my friends put on every year. I was awarded as the "most social" this year. It kind of makes me laugh since about 20 years ago in high school I received the "sounds of silence" award in cheer leading because I didn't talk much in big groups at school. Times have changed!






I went for a long run Saturday morning, not meaning to be gone that long, but the group I was running with just kept going, so I did too! It was a good thing since back at home Victoria and Jason were making me pancakes. As soon as I walked in the door they played the Beatles' birthday song. I was surprised to see them up and making breakfast and be organized enough to have the song ready when I returned. They were happy I was surprised! Victoria also made me a fruit salad and the girls did a puppet show for me. Jason made enough pancakes for an army, so I haven't had to make breakfast much this week!

After dance and ice hockey I took the kids to the park while Jason worked in the basement. The weather was so lovely!

Selfie at the park!
I had wanted to take the kids to the Mexican restaurant we have a coupons for. I was reminded of  how they sing to people on their birthdays when Jason and I went there for Valentine's Day. I had forgotten how fun Mexican restaurants are on birthdays because we don't do Mexican much around here. It's just not the same as in California or Texas. This one is pretty good, though. The kids enjoyed their dinner and the unlimited chips and salsa. They especially loved the reason I brought them there: when the servers came out singing to me and I got to wear a huge sombrero! Even Erik got a kick out of it!



Yes, they put some whipped cream on my nose!

We were too full for cake that night and with the time change we decided to do cake the next evening so we could try to get ready for losing an hour. Austin ended up getting sick all over his bed after Jason's and my movie time, so that was lovely. He rested on Sunday, but was better. After Jason made a delicious shrimp dinner, they got to sing to me with all 38 candles lit! What a fun birthday weekend!
Call the fire department!



1 comment:

  1. Aww, happy birthday! Such a lovely weekend!! Some great pics of you with the kids. Happy 38th, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete