The Mercado Family



Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Back to the Basics

I haven't been watching Logan since his mom finished her schooling. She hasn't gotten a job yet and I think she's enjoying being home with him for now. Now that the holidays are over, we're not on vacation, and everyone is healthy, life is starting to get back to normal, but what is normal? I had been watching Logan for over a year, so before then, Erik was just a little baby and Karissa was home with Austin. Now I have a 4 -year-old and 2-year-old, without a daily play date, and I'm trying to do what I did with the girls when they were this age. They include:

-getting Austin ready for kindergarten (I register him next month!)
-dancing to music
-baking (I did this solo when Logan was here, which was easier, but it sure is fun with the boys!)
-playing games (Austin really likes board games, more than his sisters at this age)

It is different with boys than with girls and Erik is El Destructo, but it's nice to help them grow in other ways when they're not distracted by a friend all the time (though we love Logan!)

It's also helping Erik's vocabulary, or maybe he's just  getting older, but he's talking more clearly and trying more words. I can't compare him to his jabber jaw oldest sister at this age, or his other siblings, but he's doing great for him!

I had fun on Saturday digging this snow tunnel with the three older kiddos. I have to say that I can't build a very good snowman (I blame that on my California roots), but I made some pretty good tunnels and the kids are enjoying them! I might branch out and try to hollow out the end in an igloo later this week...

When we finally connected the two.

I made another connection so we could have three openings!

1 comment: