The Mercado Family



Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Valentines

If you read my post on Valentine's Day last year, I was frustrated by the greedy wants of my children for gifts, rather than for enjoying our loved ones, no matter what gifts we receive. This year, my girls made me proud! Victoria bought gifts at the dollar store for everyone and made everyone a very special card. Karissa gave everyone either something she made, or something she really cherished herself. They waited until Jason got home that evening to pass out the gifts, explaining to Austin that we do it as a family. Better than the gifts, they were so helpful and loving the whole week! We had done a Family Home Evening on doing service for our loved ones. Each time they did something for someone else, they wrote it on a piece of paper and we connected it together in a chain. They were able to see it grow throughout the week. Even Austin was excited to do it.

Other highlights of the day:

Lunch with Jason near his work.

Completing our snow fort.

Here is the main room.


My little Valentines.




My main Valentine!


Unfortunately he had a soccer game later that night and got blindsided by the goalie. He has a sprained wrist, but is managing well. He tied his tie one-handed on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive tying skills! And impressive acts of kindness/service. Sweet kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can t wait to see everyone,,,in person!

    ReplyDelete