The Mercado Family



Monday, October 28, 2013

Primary Program

This was Austin's first year in the Primary at church so he got to be in the annual program during sacrament meeting. Last week, during practice, his teacher asked him why he wasn't singing. He said simply, "I'm singing with my mouth closed." Needless to say, we've had many laughs over that!

Yesterday during the program, we got to sit in the pews directly in front of where he was on the stand, so we got a full view of him. Some of the time he was singing, some of it he was looking off to the left at something that caught his eye and made his eye brows wrinkle, and a lot of it he was "singing with his mouth closed". At one point he was singing, then looked at me mouthing the words, so he stopped, smiled, and close his mouth. I guess he was showing me how he could sing with his mouth closed.

He did great on his line, though, which was how God created the fish and the birds on the 5th day. The sister missionaries later told me they think he's going to be a future apostle by how well he did on his line. We'll see.

The girls did great too. Karissa talked about including other kids when they seem sad and Victoria talked about finding something she lost through prayer. Victoria was more embarrassed this year to speak, shocker, so she didn't stand on the stool and we could hardly see her. Karissa is still the same height as the kids two years younger than her, but she can read now, so it made her seem older.

I love these kids!!

Erik didn't want any part of this picture and Victoria had already changed, but I'm glad they all have decent smiles!

2 comments:

  1. Can I get a copy of this photo,,It is great! their skin all looks great and silky and smiley

    ReplyDelete