The Mercado Family



Monday, October 11, 2010

6th Birthday

Victoria's real birthday was today and unlike other years, this one had more meaning to me, probably because she was born on Monday, Columbus Day, so the timing between General Conference and her birthday was the same. It also helped that my sister-in-law was overdue with her first little chica and gave birth to her just 4 days ago, bringing back the memories of waiting anxiously for my first to come at exactly the same time of year.

I chuckle at the thoughts I had when I would think about my first baby, Victoria. I always pictured her as a sweet, little, soft-spoken girl; maybe a little shy. It wasn't too far of a stretch, I had some of those qualities when I was little. Instead, she is a free-spirited, outgoing, friendly girl with a very loud voice. In fact, she came out of the birth canal with her mouth wide open wailing loudly and did not stop for more than 30 minutes (I remember being stitched up for all that time and hearing her cry, loud as can be, the whole time)!

But, even though she is not what I expected, she is better. With the qualities and talents she already has, including her intelligence, she will lead a great life.

Happy Birthday Victoria!

We got her roller skates, upon her request. During Austin's nap, she, Karissa, and I roller skated in the cul-de-sac. I had bought Karissa some roller skates at a garage sale and gave them to her when Victoria opened hers.She really wanted to go to Bob's Big Boy for dinner since we drive by it every day and she's never been.
Jammin' to the Beatles' birthday song.
Our last few pieces of cake from the party.


3 comments:

  1. She is turning into a beautiful young lady! (She's always been beautiful - but she's looking very grown up lately!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to use a piece of cake instead of another entire cake for her actual birthday. I always make two cakes- one for the party and one for the day and we wind up eating cake for months. For Blake's birthday I made the usual two cakes, then one for my neighbor's birthday, and then Drew decided to make one so in four days we had made four different cakes. CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we usually have the party after the birthday, so we have to make a new one to make it fresh and nice, but since her party was just a few days before, it worked out well this year. I did make birthday cookies yesterday though, just b/c I knew the cake would be gone and we'd all wonder where all the goodies went!

    ReplyDelete