The Mercado Family



Thursday, February 11, 2010

So Blessed

So my angel baby has had the fussiest two days ever in his entire 8 month existence yesterday and today. I'm still not quite sure what is wrong. He has a small fever, but he's also teething and is slightly congested. That's probably all it is, so I'm not too worried. It just makes me sad to see him fussy, which he never is. Mostly, though, I've been feeling blessed today. One of my cousins just had a baby who caught pneumonia soon after birth and has some other complications. It tacks up to the list of people I know who have had babies since I had Austin who have had huge complications either during birth, or right after with the baby. I also know a couple of people with huger-than-the-average problems during their pregnancy. I think everyone I know who has had a baby since I had Austin is on this "list". It makes me sooo grateful for my pretty simple pregnancies and labors. Other than the MTHFR mutation, which is under control and really only affected me with my miscarriages, a couple of kidney problems, the usual vomiting fest during the earlier days of my pregnancies, and the fact that I have to be souped up on Pitocin to get the babies out of me, everything has been pretty normal. Karissa's labor had a couple of other small complications, but nothing was too bad. I just feel so blessed. Those of you who have had a baby since Austin, all have beautiful babies and I think they're all perfectly healthy now, but I'm sorry you had a rough pregnancy or labor and delivery. Hopefully, it will go better for you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment