The Mercado Family



Sunday, February 14, 2010

Growing Up

A couple of weeks ago, Victoria came home from school saying, "Sister Maisano (the car pool mother for that day) said that if I don't suck my thumb for a whole month, she'll buy me a candy bar!" It was for a week, rather than a month, but Victoria was a little mixed up. She told Jason it was for a year! I told her I would buy her one too, if she could do it. She was all excited and did pretty well resisting her thumb. When the week was almost up, I made Karissa a potty sticker chart since she was showing interest there again. Victoria decided to make herself a "thumb-sucking" chart, which went way past the original week, but she had no idea. She filled up her chart on Thursday and got to pick out something with me in the morning (she chose Starburts) and Sister Maisano bought her a Kit-Kat that day. The best thing was she shared her Starbursts with Karissa and her car pool friends, as well as her Kit-Kat with Karissa. Grandma Pat said she'd give Victoria a candy bar too when she sees her at Easter.

Karissa is still working on her potty chart, but is doing pretty well. She picked out a bathtub Dora doll for her prize. She gives the scripture and prayer in Primary today for the first time. We're keeping it simple, John 14:15. She's the absolute youngest in Primary and it shows, but at least I'm the secretary in there and she can sit with me. She does well during class time.

Here's Victoria with her chart and candy.


Lately Victoria has been making her bed on her own , without being asked! She enjoys making it just perfect. She gets her bed-making skills from Jason and must have inherited some from my Grandma Carrie!

Happy Valentine's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment