The Mercado Family



Sunday, February 7, 2010

8 Months and Still an Angel

Austin hit his eight month point this week. As I've said before, where has all the time gone?! His angelic personality still surprises me. He's always just so happy to be playing on his own on the floor or watching the commotion going on around him. Of course he does get plenty of attention as well from us all. Karissa enjoys playing peek-a-boo with him now and Victoria still loves to cradle him like a newborn. He is very entertained by Karissa's tantrums or when she is just crying; it makes him laugh. Tickling him makes him laugh too, and let me tell you that he is the most ticklish baby I've ever seen! He has got one of his fangs coming in now, so maybe he'll look like Dracula like Victoria did for a while.

He is not crawling yet, but I've noticed him reaching farther for things, so one of these days he's just going to reach until he realizes he can move. I'm in no hurry to have him crawl, though, as long as he does it sometime before he walks, which I'm sure will be the case.

The best part is that he's been taking only one really long nap, from around noon to 3, instead of 2 shorter naps, which his sisters were doing still at this age. It makes going places and getting things done at home, so much easier! He goes to bed between 7 and 9 and has been sleeping the whole 12 hours through the night (except for the last two nights, actually). This was especially helpful this week since I started P90X* (an intense fitness program) and I need to wake up earlier to fit it in.

Here's my cute boy in his bouncy car.


*Speaking of P90X, I've had to bump up my caloric intake in order to feel good, maintain my body weight, and produce enough milk for Austin. Check out what I ate one day:

breakfast:
banana
two scrambled eggs
two whole wheat pancakes
cup of oj

snack
pineapple

lunch
bean and cheese burrito with salsa
dried figs
pear
one chicken nugget ( left-over from Karissa)

snack
two rice cakes with pb
cup of yogurt with banana
grapes

dinner
pulled pork sandwich
rice pilaf
a drink called Green Goo (Derek's recipe) which contains 1 1/2 c, spinach, 1 c kale, 1 cucumber, 1 pepper, 1 banana, and juice

dessert
cereal (I wouldn't normally bypass a real sweet, but Victoria poured it and then left it, so I just ate that instead)

And tons of water b/c I'm sooo thirsty!

I feel like a teenage boy, except for they wouldn't drink that green goo!

1 comment:

  1. I got the P90x thing exactly two weeks before I found out I was pregnant and three weeks before morning-sickness-from-hades attacked me for six months straight. I need to get back on the ball! Those two weeks I did it were great!

    ReplyDelete