The Mercado Family



Sunday, June 7, 2009

Austin Travis

Austin finally arrived on June 2 at 7:06 pm. It was the best labor and delivery ever, even though he was my biggest. The nursing staff were so helpful and willing to comply with all my needs. My own doctor was there and since there were no others in labor (someone had a c-section at some point during my labor), my doctor was readily available.

After some walking, a soak in the jacuzzi tub, and some intense contractions, he arrived hand and head first. Total labor time was about 9 hours, but it was only about 5 hours of pain.

He's much more laid back than Victoria and Karissa as babies and I seem to get slightly more sleep than I did with them, though I shouldn't speak too soon!

Here are some pictures of him at home. If you want to see hospital pictures, they're on Jason's facebook page.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats! So glad you had a good labor. We love the name, especially Travis!! Hope he continues to be a good baby for you. We miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well. I look forward to introducing him to our little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks just perfect and I love his name. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is SO handsome! Congrats! I am glad he finally came!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jason and Val! He's a handsome little guy! Glad everything went well and he's safely here. We've got to get together one of these days while we're still in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val, he's looks so fat and happy and absolutely ADORABLE!!! How big was he at birth? He has chubby cheeks that I just wanna eat!!!

    Hope you're feeling well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was 8.1 lb. and 20 1/2 in. at birth. Definitely my biggest yet!

    ReplyDelete