The Mercado Family



Thursday, June 25, 2009

Your Opinion

To accommodate our growing family, we bought a bunk bed on craigslist for a steal. In their bedroom, Victoria and Karissa have all white furniture, so of course I wanted to have white bunk beds, though I hadn't seen any on craigslist, so I decided I would paint whatever I ended up buying. Now, I'm not sure I want to because: 1) I may be tired of everything being all white forever 2) it will be a lot of work with all the slats on the beds.

I have a picture of the ladder next to the white furniture. Please let me know if you think I should paint the beds white or leave them, or paint them something different altogether. (My dad and Mary Lou are here now, so they could help paint.) Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I really think you could do either. They would look nice painted. Or not. I'm not a great help. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally think you should paint them white. (I am painting everything white for my nursery too.) Also, all you have to do is get the good spray paint at Home Depot or someplace and then all the slats won't matter. It'll take you no time! That's what we're doing with the unfinished armoire we bought that I want to paint black. And I did it with a coffee table before too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Maybe we will spray paint them white, then if we want them another color (for boys or something) we can spray paint them black later on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or red or dark blue for the boys (like Pottery Barn furniture!)

    And the paint is $3-something a can. Very economical. :) I just bought some light pink to spray some wicker baskets and white to spray my changing table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or you could make sure you have really nice matching bed spreads that would tie the beds in with the other furniture...

    ReplyDelete