The Mercado Family



Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day! Maybe it's because my birthday is close to it and that's why I'm named Valerie, or maybe it's because Jason and I started dating two days before Valentine's Day 10 years ago, or maybe it's because I'm just a sucker for the whole idea of the holiday. Any way you look at it, it's one of my favorite holidays. This year Jason and I actually went out by ourselves to lunch at a Middle Eastern restaurant called La Shish. They serve hummus, salsa, and pitas to munch on while you wait for your order, which were most delicious! We ordered lamb with more amazing hummus and pine nuts for our lunch-- so good! We even got to bring home extra pitas and our left-over hummus which I enjoyed for lunch the next day. We then saw He's Not That Into You at the theater (for free since we had a gift certificate from Jason's boss from Christmas). It was pretty good, but I could have done without some of the couple's stories and crudeness.

The kids had fun with the babysitter and we made pizza for dinner that night. (The fact that right after we put Victoria into bed, she threw-up everything from dinner, doesn't make me that interested in our left-over pizza.) Jason surprised us all with our own bouquets of flowers, which the kids tore apart saying "he loves me, he loves me not".


Victoria can take pretty good pictures now, so we had her take a picture of us love birds.

She also took this picture of me two weeks ago when I was 24 weeks pregnant, per request of some people to see my baby tummy. I was very tired at the moment, so just look at the tummy.
We hope you all had a good day as well!

2 comments:

  1. Um... that pregnant picture looks like me NOW. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it does not, though I do look smaller than others who are as far along as me because my uterus tilts back, which gives me more back pain when I'm pregnant. I'll have to take a picture of my bare belly, then you'll see how much bigger then yours it is!

    ReplyDelete