The Mercado Family



Thursday, January 27, 2022

Meet Ross

 One of the first things Kai asked me when we returned from Costa Rica to be reunited with her was, "Can I have a pet snake?" 

I have to laugh about it now, but at first, I wasn't ready for such a request. Lucky for her, she has a friend, Isa, who was trying to get rid of her snake because she was neglecting it. Kai ate dinner at their house one night while we were gone. 

All we had to do was go pick it up! 

Here are the conditions:

-she had to clean her room before we got Ross so we could actually walk into the room

-she has to keep it clean in case Ross gets out (she wouldn't want to step on him under her clothes!)

-she had to make a space for him on her desk

-Kai is in charge of feeding it and cleaning out the cage (which he only gets fed 2x a month and the cage gets cleaned out about once a month)

Ross is an Albino Corn Snake, which is a snake that we had for a short time when I was a young teen. I believe he got squished, so I was sure to tell her that we have to be careful, though Ross is about 4 times the size that Petri was, so it will be harder to squish him. 





Kind of a cool-looking snake.  Pretty cute too, though I'm still not fond of snakes!


Much to the dismay of the cats, they can no longer go into Kai's room to sleep. Luke already snuck in there and fell through the screen of the aquarium, trying to get to Ross. Jason fixed the screen and Ross is ok. We also have a poky screen we're putting up soon as another precaution, in case the door is left open again on accident. 

They like sleeping on Austin's bed in his cozy boxes!

Everyone loves Ross. I'm not a huge fan of snakes, but I think it's good for Kai to take care of him and I have no problem with him being in her room!


2 comments: