The Mercado Family



Friday, August 14, 2020

Improvements

 I have been in the mood to clean up some things around our house since I haven't been quite as busy as summers in the past, imagine that. Now that we know that our district will be holding school virtually, for the time being until they feel like we can move into face-to-face learning, with face masks, we've also been focusing on cleaning up the desk areas of the kids' rooms so it's easier for them to concentrate without all the extra distractions of their home bedroom desks.

Jason got a new desk for work for a steal of a deal. We now officially have an office in our basement.

The kids are happy that he's not using the TV monitor down there anymore. He was able to get his desk supplies from his office at work. Looks like we're in it for the long haul!
Austin's desk is ready, for now, but he tends to let things pile up, so we'll see how the next few weeks till school starts go. We put together this bulletin board with his scout patches. He's very proud!

We've decided that Erik will be at the desk in our room so he's not in the kitchen where there could be lunchtime distractions. He'll have his own personal items there once school starts.

Karissa got new curtains from Costco and rearranged her decorations on the wall. I don't think it's final yet, so I'm only taking this one pic so far. This is very much improved for her art space at her desk. She was able to fit all her supplies in her desk drawers as opposed to on the floor under her desk and all over the top of it. She also has that gray beanbag right below it to read on, which we ordered online and didn't come with stuffing. We decided to be creative and stuff her beanbag with plastic bags that were overflowing from our kitchen cupboard. It's the best idea ever! We got rid of all those bags and her beanbag feels no different than any other!

Victoria's room is always neat as a pin lately. Her desk folds out. Above it, she has framed all her Cecchetti ballet completion certifications from the past four years. 


As I've said before, I'm terrible at taking before and after pictures, which might be a good thing since some of the before pictures would make me cringe, seeing what things looked like before. All I know is that when I see some of the improvements now, I feel more peaceful with the clutter cleared out and the way the kids and I have decorated some of the areas.


Victoria and I were driving by Tuesday Morning and saw that it was closing that day, so we ran in and bought these decorations for a couple bucks each!
They look nice in my living room!
I painted the frames in the hallway after finishing painting the wall. It looks so nice now!
Even our deck area looks nice!

We've enjoyed eating there more often.

The blooming flowers help with that!


2 comments:

  1. well done!. I wont do any deep cleanning until the snow falls and we are still quartined! at least that will be my survival job to keep up a good goal. You continue to amaze !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great, and the bean bag filling idea is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete