The Mercado Family



Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day

This was probably the most relaxed Mother's Day I've had in a long time! (Usually, it's dance recital weekend.) It was almost a Mother's Day weekend this year, as far as my productivity went. Last week had some good times, but some real downers with kids fighting and assignment issues with the new online program that everyone, including teachers, are still working to get just right. Don't get me wrong, everyone's doing the best they can, but there were some hiccups with Erik's learning site and some of the communication between Victoria and her teachers. I think it's all resolved now, but I really needed the weekend to unwind, and that's what I did!

I ran for almost an hour on Saturday morning and did my usual pull-up and ab work out, then I decided since the kids were still not ready for Saturday cleaning I may as well do the Zumba class my friend teaches on Saturday mornings. Then, I got my part of the cleaning done, and the kids eventually did theirs, but the rest of the day I talked on the phone and read. Jason made most of the fajita dinner that night because I played Clue with some of the kids. In writing, it looks like I did plenty, but I usually do so much more on a Saturday, even now in quarantine!

I was spoiled on Sunday. I knew they had plans for my breakfast, so I forced myself to stay in bed and read my scriptures there, instead of downstairs where I can stretch in the living room while I read. When Erik awoke, he kept me company in bed. He brought Luke too.
Luke, cozy in between us.
Karissa made the pancakes, Jason made the eggs, and Victoria made the fruit salad. It was delish!
They know I like jam on my pancakes. They even got out the nice china!

We had a lovely, short and sweet, Mother's Day church meeting on Webex. We followed it with our family sacrament meeting and Come Follow Me lesson, which was also short and sweet.

Victoria and Jason prepared a sandwich bar for lunch. It was simple and perfect!
They included a variety of meats, cheeses, condiments, and veggies!

The rest of the day was full of talking to family, especially our moms. We enjoyed connecting with them and find we're getting really good at these virtual meetings! Since it was raining by the time we were done, we didn't get to go on a walk, but Jason finished up the day with a bang and made a very spectacular meal of Honey Garlic Salmon, Fried Rice (the best I've ever had!), and a salad. Karissa made macarons. I felt very spoiled, indeed!



We looked at the kids' baby books and played "guess who?" with funny moments from the kids' very early years. They enjoyed trying to figure out who did what at certain times in their babyhood. We also played a huge round of Clue. That's the game of the week, I think.
Jason brought me a hanging basket of flowers on Saturday. I couldn't hang them up outside right away because they had wilted with our record lows the night before and needed some warming up.


Erik made me lay down while Jason cleaned up the kitchen. He even put a blanket on me and took this picture!

What a special day to remember our moms and all they sacrificed for us and to be involved in the moment of Motherhood now!



1 comment: