The Mercado Family



Monday, May 4, 2020

Disney Dinner

Victoria came up with another fun themed dinner. We had to choose a Disney character and dress like them for our dinner on Saturday night. I encouraged Jason to do something easy, so Eric from The Little Mermaid was a no-brainer. Plus, Jason makes such good faces, he can make any character! That man's got talent!!

I chose something easy as well. We already had the Elsa hair-do from when I made it for Karissa for Halloween 5 years ago. Since it was my first time crocheting a hat, it was a little big for her, but it worked great for my big head! A dress that inspired my choice for my bridesmaids at my wedding was the perfect Elsa color. And bonus: my gloves were one of my grandma's. Straight from the original package and never worn! They're very nice and I've been keeping them for this very occasion!!

Victoria had a few ideas, but I convinced her to be Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmations. I'm all about ease and that dress and boa were mine from college that I wore as costumes. My church coat and Austin's dalmatian made perfect touches!

Karissa decided to be Venellope Von Schweetz from Wreck-it Ralph. I wouldn't have thought of this one, but she does resemble the character and she spent hours making the candy from clay for her hair. She wore my hoodie and socks, striped with masking tape, and it was great!
Image result for vanellope von schweetz



Austin chose to be Alladin. Good for him! It was easy with his red vest from scouts that displays his random patches on the other side. His old baseball pants that I had saved for Erik, a gravy server, Erik's stuffed monkey, and a construction paper hat completed the look.

Erik chose Peter Pan. He didn't have any plain green shirts, surprisingly, so he wore mine, with the promise that he would be very careful- I actually like that shirt! He wore his army shorts, found an old sword, and decided that Angel bear would make a great Tinkerbell. Austin made the hat for him in about 2 minutes.

Victoria decorated the mantel and table. Karissa made the cake. I put out all the food on the table that the kids like to eat that had some tie to a Disney movie for us. We listened to a song or two from each of our movies and danced and sang. After dinner, we watched Ralph Breaks the Internet, the sequel to Wreck-it Ralph because Jason hadn't seen it yet.

A dalmatian, Olaf, candy car, Genie lamp, a mermaid fishtail, hilt of a sword for Peter, and of course, Mickey!

Most of the food was from Sleeping Beauty when the kings were eating and toasting.



This is the "gray stuff" that's "delicious" from Beauty and the Beast. (It was really sauce for our asparagus).



We realized that we covered the spectrum of movies, from old to new with our choices. It was super fun and memorable!
The sun was starting to set, so our lighting wasn't great here, but we needed different levels to see all of our costumes!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! The class candy is especially creative. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! of course, adventures with food and music and costumes and very CREATIVE.The table looks fabulous.All of your kids can wear all of your clothes!Karissas hair,AMAZING

    ReplyDelete