The Mercado Family



Thursday, March 12, 2020

March 12, 2020

"Happy Birthday, welcome to the Apocolypse!" Those were the first words out of my brother's mouth to me today. Honestly, that's exactly how I felt. Before I went to bed last night, I read all about how the coronavirus is now in Michigan, as of two days ago, how the Church is cancelling all group activities, and I was bombarded with messages from schools, and local facilities claiming their actions in this situation.

It's no wonder I woke up this morning, not feeling quite as peppy as I usually do on my birthday. In fact, I was kinda grumpy. I had a rough February, with worries over some people close to me and being the 1st counselor in the Relief Society, I've had a lot of weight of my shoulders from my responsibilities and concerns over some of the sisters. Not to mention, I had a bad cough that even concerned Jason, the cough King. It's finally about gone.

 I was looking forward to a carefree day and making the final preparations for the trip to Chile that Jason has been planning for over a year now, for he and I to take.

As the day has gone on, the grumpiness has turned into counting my blessings and even laughing at this memorable birthday of mine. It will be a day I will never forget! And hey, gas prices have gone way down!

Despite the gloom and doom of Corona, we managed to celebrate. Jason got me a delicious locs and bagel sandwich for breakfast. I really enjoyed that, especially after my swim workout (maybe the last one I do for a while if they close the pool).

In my class, we had two mystery reader parents come in. I always love having the parents come in to read some stories to my students!

I talked on the phone and received birthday wishes there, on FB, and through text, as well as discussions about Corona. Karissa made my cake, I opened some presents from Victoria and Austin, and we went out to eat at The Burger Spot, with a gift card. We ate cake, danced some, and talked about Corona some more. What a day!

42 years!

Yum!

Austin gave me wireless headphones (ones he didn't want anymore, but so clever and cute!)

Victoria went on a shopping spree for me and even painted me a picture! So thoughtful!

Jason bought me flowers and has been buying me little travel items for our trip over the past couple of months. 

Erik drew me a picture. 
Dinner!

It was Leia's birthday 2 days ago. So this is of the birthday girls!

Karissa made my cake.

A spring cake with bunnies sticking out!


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!! This is such a wild week, but I'm glad that you were able to celebrate and be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete