The Mercado Family



Wednesday, August 8, 2018

I Love My Family!

Jason and I celebrated our 19th anniversary last week. We went to dinner that night to get Indian food, my favorite!! It wasn't much on our actual anniversary, but we've been celebrating with our time at the Journey concert last month, some time at the temple, and our weekly bike rides we get to go on in preparation for our triathlon in a couple of weeks. This Saturday, my good friend Gayla wants to come over and have us leave for 4 1/2 hours while she hangs with the kids. She loves doing that about once a year. My kids love it too! Since it will be after 3, the last session of the temple is at 3, we will do our ride in the afternoon, followed by a run, to get a good training session in, and then soak in the hot tub at the Summit. Sounds like a good date to me!

Happy Anniversary to us!!
Victoria was at Girl's Camp last week and I have to say that we did have some quieter moments! We missed her as well, and all her siblings gave her very sweet hugs when she returned. 
This is Jade, Victoria's new friend from the other ward she met last year at camp. They rekindled their friendship this year. They made these awesome crafts with the Detroit Temple pictures. The theme for camp was: Decisions Determine Destiny, and that is what she wrote on her frame. 
Someone had to keep up the hair-doing while Victoria was gone. Karissa found out how to make her own cats ears using her very own hair and pipe cleaners!

Karissa and Leia
I convinced them to go on a bike ride with me to the Dairy-go-Round to get ice cream, while Victoria was gone. It was a fun 7 mile round trip!

Another day, we made homemade Kona Ice, after having them go to the grocery store with me to pick out their own items for a meal for under $10 each. They did great and were super helpful!
Just blend up ice so it's like a snow cone and add melted freeze pop juice. They were in heaven!
Erik lost a tooth at playgroup. It was so loose, it just fell out!

This week, Austin's been at cub scout day camp.  I got to go today as a chaperone. It was super fun, but I have a lot of respect for those leaders in charge of that!

I love all these moments with my family! They're so great!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary!!! It seems like just yesterday that we were newlyweds in the same family ward... Sounds like y'all have been having a great summer! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete