The Mercado Family



Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Spring Break

Spring break was very low-key, for which I'm very grateful. It will be a very busy summer and these last 10 weeks of school are already full!

We didn't have any plans to go anywhere and I was needed at Red Bell, so my kids came with me every day to help out and have fun, except for Monday, when Jason had off and I let them hang with him at home. That will be the last holiday break that I will have to go in. Next year, the kids who go to Red Bell for preschool, and not child care, will not be permitted to attend on days when there is no public school, so the lead teacher will not be there either. It makes sense, but I was happy to go in when we didn't have plans. My kids will miss not going there as much. They have so much fun and it's a good opportunity for them to help me out with assignments, like helping with bulletin boards and reading stories, and seeing me in the "teacher" role.

Besides Red Bell, we went roller skating (Erik made great progress there), to Sky Zone where the kids got to jump on trampolines and play dodge ball for an hour with friends, and have play dates.

We felt well-rested for Monday and ready to start back again for the final push. Until this happened....



Luckily, we found out today that it's not broken, just swollen and bruised. She knocked it into something on Sunday when we were playing capture the flag. I didn't even know about it. I think she mentioned it one time in passing that evening. Monday when she returned from school she said it hurt, but it didn't look too swollen or discolored to me. We iced it, but I encouraged her to go to dance class, since the recital is coming up along with cecchetti exams. I told her to not do anything that would aggravate it. Well, she danced on it the entire 2 1/2 hours, even though it hurt, and came back with it looking swollen and slightly purple. I sent out a Facebook notification to our ward members and was able to borrow crutches for her since it seemed she could barely walk.

We finally made it to the doctor today. No fracture, but she has to stay off it for a week. She was disappointed, but at least it's only a week!



No comments:

Post a Comment