The Mercado Family



Friday, April 20, 2018

Did You Know?

Almost a year ago we bought a new car. I never blogged about because it was such a busy time and I had so many other things to blog about. Before the busy-ness picks up again, let me tell you about it.

Jason and I are big planners. We had planned on replacing our mini van in a year or so, last year. Well, his Ford Fusion suddenly bit the dust. The transmission went out and we were going to have replace that for around $2000. We decided to buy a family car that would eventually replace the van and then purchase a car for Jason when we get rid of the van in a few years.

Jason found a Ford Explorer Sport, only 1 year old, last year. It had a fair amount of miles on it, but otherwise was in perfect condition and was 1/3 of the price (I think, though I can't remember that exact detail, Jason will correct me in the comments if I'm way off :) We loved it and the kids thought it was a really "cool" car, which it is. The only thing I had to complain about, and still sometimes do, is that it's for older kids. No sliding doors to keep from hitting other cars around you (though luckily they haven't done that yet), the sliding doors are also good for convenience. To get to the very back, which is very roomy, you have to put the seat down, so no just walking back there. Sometimes the kids fight about who has to sit in the back. The way we solve some of the problems is I threaten that we would just drive the van again (Trusty is what we named him long ago). As soon as I say that, they all shut their mouths and are happy to ride in our smooth Explorer. I 've gotten many compliments about it, so it must be a nice ride if perfect strangers are complimenting me on it!

(I realized as I just went to post pics that we didn't take many when we bought it. Luckily, I took one a couple months ago becasue I can't take one now, it needs to be washed!!)

When we first got Big Red, 12 years ago in Utah. This is outside my sister's old home in SLC.

Last year, when we traded in Big Red for Cinnamon. Here's our two vehicles now.

Cinnamon this winter

No comments:

Post a Comment