The Mercado Family



Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter Weekend

General Conference being over Easter weekend allowed us to have a more quiet and less busy holiday. I debated whether or not to have someone over for an Easter meal, but decided against it since the second session of General Conference ends at 6 pm here and the first sessions starts at lunchtime. Everything in between is either conference or chaos. I did recruit my girls in helping me prepare a fruit salad and a pasta salad for a funeral that was held Saturday morning. That was a nice opportunity to serve with them and I was glad they were up to the task. Looks like Victoria will get to help me with more "ministering" when she turns 14, in 6 months, with our new program in ministering. Speaking of which, President Nelson is on fire- whew! It was such an amazing and meaningful General Conference! Since it was Easter weekend, there were no other activities, like dance, to attend. We got to fully participate in everything with conference. The food was tasty and the spirit was strong!

Years ago, when Jason and I were returning from LA after attending my brother's mission farewell, we ran into Elder Utchdorf (before he was a member of the 12) and President Nelson. We shook their hands and had a quick chat. If you remember, President Nelson came with his wife to Michigan in the fall. I feel a special connection with him and know he is called of God.

On Good Friday, we all had off. We finally made it to the movie theater to watch The Greatest Showman for my birthday celebration. Yesterday, we watched a movie with the kids called Risen. A Christian movie about Christ's resurrection from the perspective of a Roman solider. It provoked a lot of questions from the kids and we even got out the Bible after wards to look at the maps in the back to see the layout of where Jesus lived.

It's been meaningful and special and I'm so grateful for this Easter season!

We love to decorate Easter eggs!



My birthday flowers were a nice addition to the Easter decor.

Fooling around with my new camera!


He was excited about the Easter fruit snacks. His main gift were the black rain boots he's wearing.

Austin got a wireless mouse for his chrome book. He said this was the best Easter ever! 

Karissa really wanted some cat ears with some bling to them, She wears them all the time!

Wool felting kit for Victoria. Now both girls can wool felt together.

Travel pillow for Jason for when he goes to the Nebraska spring game in a few weeks. Tea tree oil for me!





We made Resurrection rolls. The kids really enjoyed the meaning behind them and the flavor, too!




1 comment:

  1. This was *such* a powerful Easter and Conference!! I'm still recovering - ha!

    ReplyDelete