The Mercado Family



Thursday, May 25, 2017

Yearly Visit

My dad and Mary Lou came for their yearly visit last week. I can't believe it's already over, it went by so fast! They took Erik and I to Red Bell most days and were able to get a few things done ,or relax with our lovely weather here on those days, until we were done.

They came Wednesday night after a very busy day. Thursday, they came to Red Bell for a little bit and we went to a triple birthday party with Erik at the park. Three of his friends from church have birthdays the same week (two on the same day). After only a little rest time, it was the Thursday evening piano run. My dad and Mary Lou sat for some of the lessons and enjoyed the kids' talents.

Erik avoided all food with the party, until it came time for the cupcakes. He ran right over for that!

Friday, after school and a lot of rain, we went to Austin's baseball game. It was was chilly and wet and we actually had to cancel our time at the Summit canoeing after the game. It was a Family Fit activity, so it was very inexpensive, but no one wanted to go on the water when we were already wet and cold. My dad gave Jason a swimming lesson before the game so he could get some tips for our upcoming triathlon.

Freezing the Californians out!
 On Saturday, I got my swim lesson and greatly benefited from it! We did some yard work, then went with the boys to a free pickle ball activity at the park where there are new pickle ball courts. The girls wanted to have some time at home without the boys getting in their way, so they missed the great picke ball lesson and free Jimmie John's sandwiches! They also missed the Healthy Kick-Off at the local urgent care, which included rock climbing (we didn't know that was there!), a hockey shot area, Teddy Bear doctor, healthy eating display, skin exams (my dad and Mary Lou did this), and other displays related to health. We stayed longer than we thought and rushed back to get the girls for the promised swimming at the Summit.
Saturday morning practice.




Pickle ball boy.




I decided to support his climb with a climb of my own.

I made it to the top!

Sunday was Stake Conference and a good laid back day. It rained, a lot!

Making cow pies.
Monday was low-key. After Red Bell Grandma and Grandpa treated Erik and I to ice cream. A few of the days Grandma and I got to go shopping for a few things, including some garage sales.

Ice cream fans!

Erik giving Gramdpa a head massage.
Tuesday I had off, but I also had to take Karissa to her eye doctor appointment. My dad gave me another swim lesson and they treated Jason and I to lunch! (He worked from home in his pj's that day, becasue he was sick, but we'll pretend he just got to stay home for fun.) I had a primary meeting and then Erik and I walked to the park with Grandma and Grandpa. We played in the yard that evening and took Austin to baseball pictures.


Wednesday morning I took them to the airport, see I told you it went by fast! The rest of the day was busy including Karissa's music concert and Erik's kindergarten round up. Luckily, Austin's baseball practice was cancelled because his coach was sick. too bad for the coach, but one less thing for us! Thanksf for coming, Grandma and Grandpa Anderson!





1 comment: