The Mercado Family



Wednesday, May 17, 2017

No Rest for Mothers or Birthdays!

I guess it's just the nature of our calling as mothers, but we really don't get much of a break. I am good with that, I like being involved and keeping busy. Mother's Day weekend was no different. Victoria danced in all four recitals over the weekend, which will probably be the norm from now on since she's getting more advanced in her dancing. Yes, that does mean she dances every Mother's Day Sunday. We tried really hard her first 6 years of being at Dancin' Feet to not dance on Sunday's recital. I hope that's ingrained in her as with the fact that she didn't go to the extra 2 practices held on Sundays. Being out in the "mission field" it's impossible to find a good program without a recital on a Sunday at Victoria's level. We plan on keeping sporting events away from our Sundays, and hope that we can be good examples of Sabbath day worship to our kids.

Besides a recital Friday night, Austin had his first baseball game. He hit the ball every time and scored one point for the team. It was fun watching him play. Baseball will be a whole new ball game for our family, pun intended.

Austin and Dallin

Austin's on third, ready to bring it in!

Outfield, very exciting...

Vivian, Aleah, Victoria, Olivia. 

 Saturday it was yard work, preparing Victoria for two recitals, and running errands with the other kids while Jason got some work done in the basement. There's some tedious work going on right now with the shelves!

It was nice to have Jason and the kids prepare yogurt parfaits Sunday morning for Mother's Day. It was simple and one of my favorites! Jason made a nice and easy, early, dinner of tacos so we could watch Victoria dance on Mother's Day. I didn't get to film her tap dance, like I had hoped. I was right in the middle and didn't want to ruin the experience for others around me with my camera up. It was a special recital in that one of the teachers passed away in the fall, unexpectedly, so they had a special tribute to her. It turned out I was sitting right in front of her mom, so there were a lot of tears!!



Erik wanted to stand on the porch, not in from of the flowers, so on the porch it is!

But he stood in front of the flowers with Dad.
Victoria had time to make some brownies with Erik before the recital, which was nice to have for our Mother's Day treat. Not that we needed another treat...

Jason's birthday was on Monday, the next day! Luckily, there aren't activities on Mondays so, after Jason squeezed a run in after work, we got to try some take out from the Burger Spot and some... cake!

41!

























The kids made some nice cards for Jason (they made some nice cards and things for me for Mother's day). Karissa made him a tiny little Horton, from Horton Hears a Who, out of clay including a speck and all! You know, "On the 15th of May, in the Jungle of  Nool..." He got me some nice sandals and binoculars for our upcoming trip to Costa Rica and I got him some shirts. I know, I'm boring. It's really hard to surprise a finance guy! He mostly buys what he wants/needs and buys me what I want/need. He always gets the best quality and the best deal!

See the white little speck on the flower?

What Erik said about me in school. To clarify: he doesn't know my favorite food, my favorite drinks are hot cocoa and lemonade (hmm, sounds like someone else's fav...), he doesn't know what I do for my job, because he doesn't "see me do it", I like to help someone, I always say "clean up your toys!",  he likes to play games with me, and he doesn't know why he loves me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment