The Mercado Family



Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Valentine's

I liked Valentine's Day on a Sunday. I got to spend the whole day with my valentine! We had to go out to eat the day before, but I don't think we ever actually go out on Valentine's Day because I don't like to fight the crowds. It sure is nice leaving Victoria in charge. She does well babysitting her siblings and they respond well to her. Since Erik doesn't like many "other" people to be in charge of him, still, this is a great arrangement!

Each of my mini valentines celebrated with their classes at some point during the week. When Austin had put on his clothes for his party, I commented on his red shirt that he remembered to put on, without me asking him to do so, and he said very seriously, "It's too bad they don't make pink shirts with hearts on them for boys." I had to agree and smile at the same time!
At Erik's Valentine party. He helped me decorate his yellow box.

My mini Valentines before church.

Erik had to take a picture before he would be in one, so he took the last one and had to make a face in this one.

Around here, we have that good ol' mid-winter break. So, here we are at day 2. Yesterday we had a very successful sledding outing, The last time we went was on Erik's birthday when he first became independent at sledding and enjoyed it! He just assumed that yesterday was his birthday again since he associates it with his birthday. It was a much bigger hill, but he still went down by himself and walked up the hill with his sled, most of the time.

Today, I got the kids out of the house early to go the the hands-on science museum in Ann Arbor. I wanted to get ahead of the crowds and make it back in time for their dentist appointments. At the dentist, they have a new learning program for kids. They taught them about sugar consumption and how plaque forms. They also gave them some colored plaque locators so they could see the plaque on their teeth and know where to brush better. It was very enlightening to them! Now, they are asking me about how many grams of sugar are in what foods. It's good after all that Valentine candy we just got!
Building at the museum.

Compliments of Victoria's phone.

The ambulance is always a must at the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment