The Mercado Family



Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Bad Horse

Since we've had most of the toys up from the basement in random parts of the house while Jason continues to work on it (sick with strep throat and then a bad cold immediately afterwards, crossed out two weekends of work), Erik has enjoyed playing with all these toys that are lying around. One of his favorites is Karissa's Barbie horse, who he calls "Bad Guy Horse". He also really enjoys playing with Shopkins, a popular collection of little toys that my girls got into and the boys couldn't resist wanting to collect some of their own. The Shopkins are often attacked by the bad guy horse. I can't stop laughing how boys can make anything scary or a weapon or a vehicle.
These are Shopkins, in case you haven't seen them yet. Annoyingly small.

I'm surprised he smiled for this pic.

That's more like it. Bad guy horse in action, though in these particular shots, it is not attacking the Shopkins.

Victoria was home sick one day last week, but had recovered towards the end of the school day enough to watch Erik while I picked up Austin from school. She wasn't really excited about watching him, but he didn't want to come with me either. I told her that she could play Shopkins with him, something she didn't realize he was so good at doing. The biggest smile formed on her face at the prospect of playing some of her favorite toys with her 4-year-old brother, who she normally just likes to tease. When I returned, I could tell they both enjoyed their time together. It made me happy!

1 comment: