The Mercado Family



Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Unexpected Surprise!

A week ago last Friday, Erik surprised me by deciding to pee on the potty. He had wanted nothing to do with it so far, so it really did take me by surprise, even though he will be 4 in November! He did fairly well that weekend, being the first time we ever attempted it with him. After Yoda died though, he started putting up some resistance and I lost any desire to encourage him, for a couple of days. This last Friday, I decided I could not give up so easily. I had to put just a little more effort into it and it worked! He's learning good control and even decided to use the pot for #2 the past couple of days!

Last Tuesday, as mentioned in my last post, was Erik's first day of preschool. It was at our house and today was at Anna's house. Her mom said Erik went on the potty there and did very well in "school".

He's been coming a long way in getting out of his comfort zone. He sometimes wears regular shoes instead of crocs everywhere (crocs are great, but the kid wouldn't even think about wearing something else besides rain boots!)  He has chosen a different shirt to wear to church and a few more options for his everyday pants/shorts and shirts. He participated in story time yesterday and sat on his own mat instead of on my lap. Eating is the same, but maybe he will try something new here soon. I had a meeting at my house today and he filled up bowls of popcorn and passed them to everyone there, on his own accord, and then gave everyone a gummy worm! What a sweetie!

He's very proud of his underwear...

Very. Proud.

Maybe too proud... (okay, I am too!)

Preschool buddies at my house last week. They look goofy here, but they were so engaged in the calendar, stories, crafts, and activities!

Playgroup (the same twins from preschool pictured here- Eriks' besties)

Ready for school at Anna's today. He's holding his gummy work in front of his face. My new bribery this year to get the kids ready for school is: The early bird catches the worm!

2 comments:

  1. LOL,, reminded me of Derek,,showing his undies!!! AND he is talking to me .. a lor!

    ReplyDelete