The Mercado Family



Wednesday, September 9, 2015

School Schedule

With the changes of moving the TAG kids to a new school came changes of new times. Our school, Miller, has always started early because it was one of the TAG schools as well the neighborhood school. I'm not really sure why it started earlier since kids from different areas were bussed here which probably made it hard on those families to get to school that early. Now they have made every school start at 8:55, even the TAG school. I was worried about starting 45 minutes later than the previous years because school would end really late. I was also worried because all schools are starting and ending at the same time.

Well, this is day 2 and I have to say that I'm loving it! My kids still wake up the same time. They don't have to rush, the girls can practice the piano, and they can play with Erik while I finish getting ready so after drop-off, we can run our errands without having to go home first! I finally gave in and decided Karissa riding the bus wouldn't be such a bad idea. They only bus the Gallimore TAG kids (grades 3-5) on the buses they ride on. Lucky for us, the bus stop is 6 houses away and the times are better than for other kids at Gallimore. Unlucky for us, since her stop is one of the last stops before school starts and the buses are still figuring out the new routes and whatever, the bus didn't come yesterday, or if it did it was after school started. We only waited 5 minutes after it's arrival time today so I could get my Miller kids to school on time and then drop of Karissa. She came home on the bus yesterday and all was well with that, though it was still later and I didn't see her get off.

 My friend took off from work yesterday to see her girls off for their first day and we divided and conquered a last minute car pool to Gallimore and Miller. Today we kind of expected another problem, so we were prepared with plan B. I guess Austin did well going to his first day of 1st grade with someone he doesn't know that well and without any prep for that situation. My friend, Melissa, said he walked in like he'd been going to that class forever! Victoria has decided she loves her 4th/5th split and her teacher so much that she wants to be a fourth grader so she can do it again! Karissa enjoys her new school with her old teacher and bff, Olivia (Melissa's daughter).

Now, lets see how it goes next week when we factor in the extra activities like dance and piano!

(If you're on facebook, then you saw these pics already. I was hoping to take pics of the bus today or of Austin in front of his class, but there was no bus again! Maybe after school today...)




1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing all the happy faces ready for school, I have always loved the start of a new school year,,even when I was teaching! here;s to another great year of learning

    ReplyDelete