The Mercado Family



Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Another Recital


Karissa's recital was exactly one week after Victoria's. This was the first year she danced with this program. It was through the school district. As I mentioned in a previous blog, it was less expensive, more relaxed, and less time-consuming. We enjoyed the recital and it was very well-done. Exactly what I would have expected for a dance recital for young kids. After having been involved in Dancin' Feet for the past 6 years, which recitals knock your sock off, I could have picked out a bunch of things that would have driven the director of Dancin' Feet crazy! However, as I've said before, if Karissa enjoyed it, and she did, it doesn't matter to me!

 I recorded them with my regular camera, so you can actually see her dances! When you see them all looking to their left, our right, that's them watching the teacher for the moves. That was my biggest complaint, was that even the girls in Karissa's class (age 8-10) would look to the teacher for what to do next in the dance. They were still cute, though!


Here she is with some of her dance buddies. 


Since Victoria's ballet video was so hard to see, here is a small clip from her Cecchetti ballet class. She is testing on Friday and has decided that next year she is going to concentrate on only ballet, with Cecchetti, no tap. I was surprised, but support her. As they get older, they can choose to focus on certain areas in the dance studio, She says she eventually wants to go on pointe. 



1 comment: