The Mercado Family



Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Air Show

We didn't have consistent Internet service for over a week, so my blog got a week off. There must have really been something wrong with the outside box because it took many hours for them to fix it!

For one of the Saturdays we didn't have service, we got to take our kids to an air show about an hour from our house. Jason, having served in the Air Force years ago and being an Air Force "brat" himself, was super excited to let the kids have the experience. He went to them all the time growing up and he and I went a a few while he served in the military.

 Jason was like a kid in a candy store showing the kids all the planes!

Inside a C-17


C-17s are big, but nothing compared to C-5s, which they didn't have that day. It was hard to get a pic without so many people around it!

Inside a fighter jet which was pretty cool!

I lost track of all the names, but the ones they got to sit at the controls were the best!



Erik's "thumbs-up"


The Blue Angels' show at the end was the best and always the highlight of the air show. Pictures just don't do it any justice. The kids were completely amazed!
 BTW, I still got it! Just like in Jr. High, I was able to beat the record for the most pull-ups for women while there. (Actually, in Jr, High I just tied my sister's record from three years earlier, I think they just wanted a more recent name up.) At the Air Show, the record was 10 and I beat it by 2! My name is shown below for 12 on the left-hand side.

2 comments:

  1. I like that they are sporting the BLUE and I LOVE that you ,of course STILL HAVE IT,, you are amazingly strong, inside and out

    ReplyDelete