The Mercado Family



Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hot Chocolate

Erik's favorite drink is hot chocolate. His favorite food is hot chocolate. When he's tired he wants hot chocolate. When upset, Erik wants hot chocolate. Luckily, I don't actually put chocolate into the milk, it's just warm. After he got out of the yogurt drinks he loved so much I gave him some real hot chocolate, but decided he liked it too much to have as often as he wanted, so I tried just warm milk and he loved it. Now, that's all he wants for any meal and it's been that way for about 6 months. The main idea was to get him to drink from a sippy cup, so when the only sippy cup, that he drank it from, broke, I was nervous. He has found another one he likes  now.

He'll drink water, juice, or slushy from a regular cup or water bottle. He doesn't mind other drinks, it's just food that he doesn't want. It's still a battle. When he asks for milk he says, "I want hot cho-lat. Make warm, not make cold, not make boiling." (One time it was too warm for him, so he decided he didn't like it "boiling"). When I refuse to give it him because I want him to eat food he says, "I want hot cho-lat, not food!"

Somehow, I manage to get enough nutrients in him through my finagling because he's not mal-nourished and he is a good size. I can't wait for the day when I say that he's "eating me out of house and home!"


Gotta love stubborn two-year-olds!

2 comments:

  1. I love our little Erik,,,food idiosyncrasies and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute! And smart, too - I prefer chocolate over most foods :)

    ReplyDelete