The Mercado Family



Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Dance Workshop

I like free things. My friend told me about a free dance workshop this summer. It was a week long for three hours each session. It was at a new dance studio not far from our house. The director, Jennifer, provided snacks and gave the girls a workout, followed by dance warm-ups, then taught them a jazz and contemporary number. It was for ages 7-15, so both my girls got to go! Here are their dances on their last day.






As, you can see, there was a big range of ages, but my girls did great.

We've decided to enroll Karissa in the Monday night ballet class. She likes it because it's smaller and there will be no huge recital at the end. I'm sure there will be something, but nothing like Dancin' Feet, which will suit her fine. The first session goes until December, then we can sign up for the second one and add jazz if she's up to it, or not. Since it's new, there's not a ton of options to work for Victoria, so she'll stay at Dancin' Feet for now, but I'm excited for other events through this studio. Jennifer also works with musical theater which will be nice to get the girls involved in at some point.

What a great find!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I couldn't see the videos, though. I got an error saying the videos are private. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnot get theDANCE either,,,ugh

    ReplyDelete