The Mercado Family



Saturday, November 3, 2012

Victoria's Baptism

This day is at the top for one of the most special days. Victoria was baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I feel like I've been waiting for this day since she was born. It feels like a whirlwind, but everything went very smoothly. She had many close friends and teachers attend to support her, some of whom were not members of the church, and I'm so glad they came. I have seen a lot of growth in her, even during the last week. I know she was ready to make this step in her life. She and Karissa and two other sisters (one who was also baptized) sang I Know When I am Baptized and signed it as well. It was so sweet and lovely!






 Look how sweet and innocent! This is the other girl, Kenna, who was baptized today.


Afterwards, we had everyone back at our house for all of Victoria's favorites: peanut butter cookies, Grandma's healthy and yummy cookies, pumpkin marshmallows, pumpkin bars, cider, veggies and pitas with hummus, and berries. She asked why I was making everything so special and I reminded her how special this day is. Later in the evening we had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with a roasted chicken, another of Victoria's favorites. I will not forget the Spirit I felt today and I'm so happy we could share it with Grandma and Grandpa Chatterley.




2 comments:

  1. We are so proud of Victoria and wish we could have been there also! She is just glowing in all the pictures taken after her baptism! I can tell she has the gift of the Holy Ghost. xoxo Aunt Karina & Uncle Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girl on her special day!

    ReplyDelete