The Mercado Family



Thursday, September 6, 2012

Two Great Accomplishments

The weekend before the girls started school on Tuesday,

 they completed our big goal for the summer: they memorized all 13 Articles of Faith, which are statements that describe the things we believe in as members of our church. I copied the idea from my friend Kimberlee (thanks!) and told them that if they could memorize them I would make them a big chocolate cookie, shaped like a 13. They did it! They enjoyed eating their cookies as well- though they didn't even finish the bigger-than-normal pieces I gave them.
 The other great accomplishment, which actually was completed right after summer started, was the filling of our coin jar. We started it for the new year to encourage more peace in our home. The reward they wanted for the filling of the jar was to go to the Summit, the indoor pool here in Canton. They have also been able to eat the coins since then, which we are almost done with.
 Here they are showing off their swimming at the Summit.


 Erik loved it!!!! In fact, he loved it so much, I couldn't take more than these few pictures at the beginning. There is a small slide and a lazy river that all the kids enjoyed, but I was too nervous standing over the water with my camera and Erik jumping out of my arms. Austin was Jason's duty, who also had no fear of the water.

We completed our summer accomplishments and are ready to take on kindergarten and 2nd grade!

3 comments:

  1. Fun! And congrats to the girls for memorizing the A of F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have to review the A of F with them when we ge t there. Tell them to keep practicing because I will give them a retest and then another trip to the Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED seeing your 13 cookies! Great job Karissa and Victoria! They look so cute and smart in their glasses. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete