The Mercado Family



Sunday, August 7, 2011

Soccer Camp

Victoria decided about a year ago that she really wanted to try soccer. I thought a little soccer camp over the summer, to give her an idea of what it is like, would be a good place to start. Since I never played a day of soccer in my life, if you don't count P.E. here and there in school, I was surprised that she wanted to do it, but glad she wanted to try something new. She loved it and learned some good things over the five days. I learned some things too, like shin guards go under the socks, not over! (I actually knew that, but had forgotten that the first day when I helped her get ready, but we learned the proper way after we arrived!)

Here are some shots of her playing some the soccer skills' games.

with her supportive siblings who happily played at the playground behind the field for most of the days...

In the end, she said she liked soccer, but wanted to stick with dance for now and play soccer once-in-a-while. I thought that's what she would decide, but glad we got to explore something other than dance for a while.


While Victoria was busy with that, Karissa learned to pump by herself on the swing (hooray for me!)

and gained more confidence riding her "big" Dora bike, well, bigger than her tricycle anyway! She does go much faster now that she's on a bike.




1 comment: