The Mercado Family



Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mermaid Camp

Karissa attended her special activity for the summer- mermaid camp! It was every morning at a private school where Victoria attended princess camp a few years ago. She really enjoyed doing her own activity. Since I wasn't able to watch, all I know is that they played games, made art projects, made blue pudding with gummy fish, and danced to The Little Mermaid music. Here she is with her teacher and assistant in her giant, soaking-wet shirt from the water table. Here is the star fish, sea urchin, and coral (made out of colored rice) she made.

She also made this mermaid mobile, fish, and jelly fish.
Victoria enjoyed hanging out with Austin and I without Karissa for a change. In fact, she told Jason after the first day, "I got to go to the park with Mommy all by myself!" forgetting that Austin was even there. She happily hung up Karissa's work from the light fixture in their room.


Even though Karissa said she was nervous the first day, when she walked into the room, all that was forgotten! So far my kids have no problems in new situations!





2 comments:

  1. What a fun camp! I'm thinking I might steal some of these ideas for Ella's birthday in a couple of months - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karissa is seriously so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete