The Mercado Family



Saturday, April 2, 2011

General Conference

Even though conference is not over yet, I asked each of my kids today what they like best about general conference. I meant as the experience as a whole. I thought maybe they would say things like playing with legos in the living room, drawing in the living room, etc. But they surprised me with their answers. Victoria said she liked the talk with the story about the "stone turning to gold". Unfortunately, I missed that part, so I don't know who gave that talk, but I'm excited to read about it later on. She said she also like Elder Cook's talk because it was "funny". Karissa said she liked the singing. They especially loved when the choir sang the Primary song I Know that My Savior Loves Me. When I asked Austin, he said, "Yeah, yeah". I asked him if he liked the candy (we play Gospel Topic Bingo during conference with Star bursts to help us focus and listen for key words) and he said, "Candy!" So I guess that was his highlight. We look forward for tomorrow's sessions, though the kids always do better on Saturday, so we'll see what we get from tomorrow. Jason's just hoping to stay awake during the second session!

No comments:

Post a Comment