The Mercado Family



Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dance Pictures

Victoria and Karissa have each been taking a ballet/tap dance class this year. As the dance season comes to an end at the beginning of May, the program had a scheduled picture day with all the dancers in their various classes. It's a big "to-do" with this program, Dancin' Feet, especially since there are about 300 dancers in the program. Everyone had specific times to show up at the studio dressed in their recital costumes, complete with hair and make-up. Of course my two had very different sitting times, which meant more driving for me, but we had fun. I took my own individuals of them. Here's Karissa in her Going to the Circus costume. She loved getting her hair done, and especially getting make-up put on her. Her little, non-existent, lips, remind me of mine.
Victoria was excited for make-up, but didn't want much to do with fancy hair. I finally convinced her to let me twist the top before pulling it back into a ponytail. She promptly took it down the second we got home from the studio. Her lips were a different story: I have never put lipstick on lips so big in my life! Especially with the bright pink lipstick, they were quite the lips!

Austin loved Karissa's gloves and wanted to wear them. He couldn't be left out either! (He wanted to put make-up on too, but I convinced him that the chap stick was enough!)


1 comment:

  1. The girls look darling, and Austin is so adorable too! When Carter was little, he was pretty much the only boy in his circle of friends so he played a lot of dress-up when he was little, too. I'm sure he would shudder at the thought now, though!

    ReplyDelete