The Mercado Family



Monday, July 5, 2010

Long Weekend

We started our long 4th of July weekend with Jason coming home early on Friday with Slurpees, as a special surprise! I seriously could count on one hand how many times I have had a Slurpee in our 11 years of marriage, as opposed to the many, many times I had them as a kid. I don't if there's just fewer 7/11's around where we've lived, or if I've just been getting too old to care, but I sure enjoyed my special treat! Karissa, however, the weird eater that she is, wouldn't even try it. Victoria happily had hers the next day.
Friday evening we went to a wedding reception at the U of M botanical gardens and it was sooo beautiful and lovely. The kids had a great time between the yummy food, the dancing, and all the gardens we could wander through. I took some great shots there.





We had some friends over for a bbq on the 4th and used our special grilling rub we got from our grilling class. The chicken was excellent! Jason and I watched fireworks from our window. We figured since he and Victoria saw them two weeks ago, there was no need to have another tired day for her, or anyone else for that matter. We had to save our energy for the our tri-ward picnic at the park today in the 95 degree weather with humidity to make it feel like over 100! We enjoyed low 70s all last week, but Mother Nature decided to crank up the heat a little for the holiday. So, luckily, we were able to swim at our neighbor's house on Saturday and today in the afternoon. Even Karissa had fun and I enjoyed soaking my running legs (I'm training for a marathon).

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. I adore that pic of the girls in front of the fountain - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete